Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I Can Not Find Gcffiles.dat

Woody Allen: I'm not an intellectual.

I always thought that the public knows as much as I "


matter how much shine in New York, Woody Allen comes to the appointment with his usual tight grip gabardine cap in hand. And do not let go. No matter how busy that is the talk of the New York International 75, the cap stays firmly anchored. As his glasses. Some things never change. You are about to ride in an airplane way the Cannes Film Festival where he presented his latest film, Midnight in Paris , a romantic and nostalgic vision of the city of light where Allen visit face to face with some of the idols of that golden age were the twenties to wonder if the past was better. This time his muse Marion Cotillard is, his alter ego, Owen Wilson and his Manhattan, Paris.


"There are few like Luis Buñuel, a star made film art"

"Penelope Cruz, my muse? In any case, I should say that I am his muse

" My kids say I'm a antique and I'm in the latest "

" We think the past was better, but just think of the bohemian side "
Question. How did Midnight in Paris?

Response. I agreed to do a film in France without having an idea. I knew it would be a romantic movie because Paris is a romantic city. And he had the title, Midnight in Paris. But did not know what would happen until I imagined a car that, at midnight, invited the actor to get into this adventure.

P. An adventure that populate the likes of Ernest Hemingway, Scott Fitzgerald, Salvador Dali, Gertrude Stein and Luis Buñuel. Who would like to discuss them if possible?

R. I never would get into a car with strangers for fear of ending up in a basement in Darfur. I am nothing adventurous. I do not like to meet my idols. Louis Armstrong never knew if I had opportunities. I prefer to let my idols on a pedestal. Groucho Marx knew, someone I idolized, and ended up being one of those funny guys that exist in any family. I do not like to talk to Hemingway, a pretty annoying because I've read. Nor Picasso, too difficult. Likely to enjoy with Luis Buñuel, of all the most sane and unimaginative.

P. This year marks the 50th anniversary of the Palme d'Or Viridiana ...

R. Buñuel is somewhere high in the pantheon of the great geniuses of cinema. There are few like him, recognized by all as a great innovator. Kurosawa, Bergman, Fellini and Bunuel. One of the few stars who made the art of cinema.

P. His next film, The wrong picture, retold with Penelope Cruz. Is it his new muse?

R. Penelope is nothing more than a friend and a great actress. Vicky Cristina Barcelona was she who called to say she wanted to work with me. The work was great, so when he said he wanted to return to work with me and spoke perfect Italian, I wrote a new role. But in any case would have to say that I am his muse.

P. And Carla Bruni? What was exactly his relationship with French first lady?

R. It is so beautiful that you set out to do a small role in my film and said yes. He did it without much effort, although the press say we did thousands of shots and I cut her scenes. Are unfounded comments. Was charm and roll, very nice.

P. As wonderful as Paris, "he misses his beloved New York?

R. Usually I go where I financed the film. Want to shoot in Barcelona? Paris? Now Rome. I make it very easy because the city wants to roll there, so that cooperation is extreme. Would be nice to shoot in New York, but is very expensive. At least for a limited budget like mine.

P. I know that theirs is not the nostalgia ...

R. We always say that the past was better, we'd like to live in another time, but just think of the bohemian side, not on what would be going to the dentist without Novocain.

P. But did you ever see the movies of the seventies as the unique moment of your career?

R. U.S. films of the seventies was much more interesting. The studies, although there were some Philistines in their greed, they made a couple of movies with quality. By his own ego. And they were content with a lower profit margin. Now anything below $ 70 million is a failure. I also got lucky because United Artists was like working with a scholarship. Supported my movies without reading the script and ask questions. I always had the last word. Today many filmmakers of that time would not have that possibility.

P. What with their children? Do you have more luck with whatever you feel like watching?

R. I am a complete failure. No one is faced with the pressure on their peers. I spend all day talking about the wonders of Cole Porter or Charlie Parker and I do not even want to hear. For them there are only Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga. I despise. They say I'm an antique, a shame and I'm in the last ...

P. "He will think that an audience like this, little knowing of Hemingway, Fitzgerald Buñuel or old?

R. I have always had a limited audience. I'm not an intellectual nor have I gone to college, but I've always thought that the public knows as much as me. If you do not know who is coming out on tape, nothing happens. But I refuse to make a film aimed at the bottom, filled with chases and sewer humor. My audience will be limited but it has always been.

0 comments:

Post a Comment