Thursday, March 10, 2011

Scorpio Man Likes Me To Get Mad

Donald Zolan children

" I love children, the way their eyes light up with excitement, waking up the world around them. It's a wonderful time life. A time when every new discovery is a magical time "

Born August 11, 1937 in Brookfield (Illinois), Donald Zolan was a member of a family with four generations of artists. He started drawing at age three years and five and winning local competitions with her paintings watercolor.
" certainly my parents gave me love and support that allowed me to be an artist . They created a wonderful and idyllic family life provides the inspiration for many of my paintings today "



At thirteen years, Donald was getting a scholarship to the prestigious American Academy of Art in Chicago and after graduation was selected as an apprentice Haddon Sundblom, renowned illustrator pin-ups and creator of the famous Santa Claus for Coca-Cola .




In 1994, Zolan began his collaboration with the House Danbury Mint , a leader in the collection at world. His works appeared on plates, dolls, figurines and other collectibles. Y e n 2008 he was appointed member of the prestigious Society of Illustrators New York .

" Part of my job is done without models, just watching the children. I can be walking and I see a child at play. The image stays in my mind. Once there, one can only begin to draw out, eventually oil paint will give the real appearance "



The Art of Donald Zolan , is also present in the best museums and art galleries, you can also find puzzles, prints, greeting cards ...




" I would like all children, here in America and around the world,
could live the kind of children happy, safe and happy
transmitted in my paintings. I think we owe it to the world's children and
that every step you take
approaching these goals makes us better people
"



Sadly, Zolan left us at 72 years of age, July 20, 2009. But his artistic legacy is there, full of tenderness, sensitivity and magical colors.

And in a stunning natural, such as childhood to which we should never stop paying attention it truly deserves.
Thanks, Donald , for sharing your wonderful art.

0 comments:

Post a Comment