Monday, October 11, 2010

Somewhat Numb Left Leg

The fantastic loft José Ramón Sánchez

Last week I attended an exhibition of graphic art and film illustrator José Ramón Sánchez Santander , and by joining in the tribute that gives this year Animadrid ( Moving Image International Festival of Pozuelo de Alarcón ).



During this magical journey, is a must with the big screen through an excerpt from the exhibition that we saw, in 1982, by José Ramón as "The Great Adventure film" ...






As
through selection of another exhibition, "50 years English film" with the great illustrator that brought us closer to our own film and delighted us back in 1985 ...




The fantastic drawings of José Ramón Sánchez have been present in my life since I have a point.


So touring this wonderful room, I met again with a whole new magical world of color belonging to " The loft fantasy," the 1978 animated film directed by Cruz Delgado and by José Ramón ...




And I also enjoyed this presentation with a series of drawings ...


reminded me that those with the illustrator himself taught us to draw from the TV ...





And other illustrations full of magic and color ...







In short, a fantastic world in this exhibition. When I add yet another series of his drawings that have accompanied me all these years ...



His illustrations of Path , Reading the book ...


Your calendars ...


Your primer film ...


Your Constitution of 1978 ...


Or his collection of stories .


And of course the great artwork on " Don Quixote" with which José Ramón Sánchez amazed us in 1993 ...





You, José Ramón, is dedicated this post with my appreciation for all these years of great art. And I bet you look good that we dedicate to my father, between the two, the part of Don Quixote. You know, his great passion.


If, like me, you grew up with drawings of José Ramón Sánchez not miss this exhibition which runs until 22 October. If you have not grown up with him but we simply know how to appreciate a good picture, you'll also enjoy her. In any case ...

"Climbing Up the attic ..."

0 comments:

Post a Comment